Monday, August 13, 2007

A Summer Favorite




I love corn on the cob. I think for a while it was the only vegetable I would eat. As a parent I know it isn't much of a vegetable, more starch than healthy stuff, but it isn't candy either.

We found a bag of corn and a bag of other yummy veggies by our gate this morning. I think I saw the member who left them, but they never even rang the bell. (Of course that could have something to do with the fact that our dog Tiger was out there barking his fool head off at the friendly man.) I wasn't even dressed yet and Doug wasn't quick enough to get out there before he left. Needless to say, it won't be the last anonymous bag of garden goodies left on our door step.

As you can see from the pictures, my children also love corn on the cob. This was Sarah's first try and she really got into it. She kept pointing to it and asking for it, but the in tuned mom that I am kept saying that she wouldn't like it and wouldn't be able to eat it. I was apparently very wrong. She not only liked it, she was quite capable of eating it properly. Daniel was demonstrating his no hands approach to corn on the cob eating. Funny, but not successful. Wonder why? Thankfully this trick was performed after showing Sarah the correct way to eat corn on the cob. (Her first attempt was to try it from the end, like a hot dog or cheese stick.)

Happy Harvest!!

No comments: