Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Nathan went down today. It began right after nap. So far his has been the worst. The others tapered off after a while, but Nate has been going about every 20 minutes since 4pm. Poor guy. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Can't wait till it's Doug's turn!!

On a happy note, my sister Rachelle got engaged this weekend -- finally! Her boyfriend, now fiance', Josh Hare, proposed in St. Augustine, Florida last night. We are awaiting the details. I will be sure to keep you all posted, as will my dad at Aftermath and my other sister Renee at Peyton's Place. Check out my dad's site for pictures of the happy couple.

I have decided that this is the year of weddings. We have several this year and I am sure some next year too. My cousin Jason will be married in May, cousin Amy in July, uncle Brian in September and cousin Jeremy in October (i think). Now we will also have Rachelle's and cousin Christopher's to fit on our calendars. A note to those of you still setting dates, the sooner we know the better. A pastor's schedule is impossible to work around at best and last minute changes are a given. Such is the life of the man I married.

Speaking of marriage, my dad has a place for all of you romantics out there to tell your engagement story. Just go to Aftermath and find the section about memory. It will make sense when you are there. I would love to hear all your stories, as I am sure he would too. So far mine is the only story there.

Last, but not least, Scott and Nora, Doug's brother and his wife, are moving to Phoenix tomorrow. We will miss them very much. Scott has been there since this summer while Nora tied up lots of loose ends in Allen Park. They closed on their house in Phoenix in December and are now ready to move in permanently. We are so excited and happy for them. The kids are already planning our first family trip cross country to visit them. If you have any hot spots to stop along the way pass them along. It will take us a while to plan this one.

Well I am off to comfort Nathan and wait for Grace, Doug or myself to be next. Gotta love the winter in Michigan. Congrats again to Rachelle and Josh, we love you!!!

1 comment:

DakotaPam said...

Congrats to Rachelle and Josh! And I bet you will miss Scott and Nora...one of my best friends moved to Phoenix last year and she loves it, but I miss her dearly.