Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Old Friends

Do you ever start thinking about friends from High School or College for no apparent reason? Or for a reason for that matter? I do. I find myself often thinking about old friends. I love the song "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." I have a great group of friends here in Hillsdale, but whether it is because I am the pastor's wife or there is something to be said about college friends, Hillsdale is just not Concordia. I will often skim through the "Lutheran Witness" or "Michigan in Touch" looking for names I know or even type them into the church worker finder on the LC-MS website. Handy little tool that ya know.

Of course my closest friends I still keep in touch with, mostly. The picture below is from this summer.

Left to Right on couch: Ben Brenner, Jacob Adams, Joel Brenner, Grace Adams, Daniel Adams, Nathan Adams. On Floor: Sarah Adams, Payton Berringer and Haley Berringer.




In August the Adams clan ventured over to Saginaw to meet up with the Brenners. Along the way we met up with the Berringers. The picture is of all our kids. Mark and Renee (Jenista) Brenner have two boys , Joel 8 and Ben 5. Todd and Brooke have two girls Haley 3ish and Payton about Sarah's age. (Sorry if I spelled any names wrong, its been a while ;) We had a blast. Todd and Brooke brought an inflatable castle for jumping in and we pulled out the slip and slide along with a great steak dinner. Mark did an excellent job grilling and Renee makes some great side dishes. The kids all got along very well. The Brenner boys and my kids are together every summer so they fit right in, and the Berringer girls found their place too. We reminisced about old times, caught up on life after college and talked about the future too. As I have said there is something about old friends. You seem to just fall right back to the way you were without too much awkwardness between the "How have you beens?" and "Lets do this again soon. "



If you have a long lost friend I would encourage you to call them up . You will be surprised how quickly things return to the way they were or almost nearly. There is that husband/wife and kids thing, but hey now you have something to talk about!! I have included the blogs of some good friends from college on my side bar. I would love to add more. Blessings to all of you old friends and new!!!!

No comments: