Monday, April 21, 2008

My Little Actors

Lately I have been having to take Sarah and Daniel to Honk rehearsal with us because Doug has been busy with work. Needless to say they are quite familiar with the story and most of the songs. They even know the warm up songs the kids do at the beginning of rehearsal. Sarah's favorite is "Sarahspundel" -- I wonder why? I will even catch them quoting several lines of the play. Daniel's favorites are "Yes!Yes!Yes! I made it through Thanksgiving!!!" and "Well curdle my cornflakes! He's escaped!!" Sarah likes the line in one of the songs that says something like "it went the way the Dodo did." She has also become very fond of the cat. The girl who plays the cat anyway. She will almost always come over and play with Sarah when she is waiting to go back on stage. Daniel even sat and watched quite a bit of the rehearsal very nicely today and last week too. I am seriously considering taking him to a show. As long as he promises not to shout the lines from the seats!!!! They got a special treat tonight too. We have moved to the theater which is in downtown Jonesville. So we went for a walk and got ice cream at Marcella's. It serves hand dipped Mackinac Island Ice Cream! Yum-o! Daniel got a Superman cone, Sarah a vanilla and I got a mint fudge one. Delicious!! I am pretty sure that now they are going to want ice cream EVERY time we go to rehearsal!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ice cream place sounds neat. Let's go there when we come down.

Sarah said...

Can you believe that they don't serve Mackinaw Island Fudge out here. In fact, they've never even heard of it! The things I've given up to be married and living way out west, I tell ya! Oh, by the way, I REALLY hope you enjoy our 'beans' youtube video on the blog. I was hoping Sarah would listen to it as much as Eden does, so it can get stuck in your head. This is payback for the fact that I STILL sing "I want a hippopatamus for Christmas! Only a hippopatamus will do..."