Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Great Weekend

I have no pictures. Just wanted to get that out of the way. I have no pictures from the shower this weekend. My husband insisted he needed the camera for the weekend to take pictures of the youth for some ministry display board for the 10th Anniversary celebration coming up. So therefore, he had the camera and I didn't. I have no pictures, but we had a great time. I hope that you will check out "Peyton's Place", "cstreet", "Aftermath" and hopefully "R3" for some great pictures of the event.

This weekend the kids and I went to Grandma Adams' Friday night after dinner. We all slept there, then the girls and I drove to Clinton Twp to Grandma Wyckhuys' for Amy Howard's bridal shower. It was a blast. We saw lots of family that we haven't seen in a while, both because of sickness and distance. (see pics at other blogs please)

Mom made a great lunch. We had chicken salad, which even with out the chow mien noodles and almonds, was great! Along side that we had chips and a crescent roll and punch to drink. Dessert was fresh fruit with pound cake or angel cake with a drizzle of chocolate from the chocolate fountain. That was the hit of the day, the chocolate fountain that is. We had it going by noon and it didn't get turned of till almost dinner!!! There were banana, pretzels, chips, marshmallows and strawberries for dipping. I think Grace spent most of her time planted in front of it. She is looking forward to the one Amy promised would be at the wedding dinner!!! The big girls even found creative ways of eating, or should I say drinking, the chocolate. (See picture at other blog please)

Amy got to help Sarah and Peyton open the presents. They were all great newlywed gifts. Microwave ovens, Corningware, an endless bag of Misc. kitchen stuff, you know, the usual bridal shower stuff. No lingerie though, maybe I'll put that on my list of things to buy for a wedding gift! I digress, all in all we had a great afternoon.

The party never really ended though. Some people went home around 4, but a lot of us stayed, especially the ones who had booked a room at the Wyckuys B&B for the night. The girls and I finally left after dinner. We had an impromptu Grill out since The Round Robin wouldn't accommodate all 14 of us in a timely fashion. Renee and Kevin supplied the burgers and Rachelle, Amy and Grace made a Wally world run. It was much more relaxed than a restaurant would have been!!

The girls and I finally left around 8pm and crawled back into Grandma Adams' around 9pm. Everyone went right to sleep. Of course they were up at 6am today, but hey Grandpa had to get up anyway to go to work so it all worked out well. Grandma even let me go back to bed for an extra hour to catch up on some sleep. Thanks!!! We packed and left Southgate by 10am and arrived just in time to pick Doug up from church and get lunch.

The kids had HONK at the theatre for the first time today so I stayed all afternoon with them. It went well. It is going to be great show. I can't wait for everyone to see it.

Now it is 9pm. Everyone is asleep. The big kids were very tired and so am I. I think I will sign off for now. Don't forget to check the other blogs for some great pictures!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's not the same Amy Howard that grew up in Lapeer, is it? In my house, you don't get a say in the hair cuts unless you're the one who combs it and gets it out of her face every day. There was really even no discussion...and I've had at least 10 people tell me, "I did that once to my daughter and my husband about killed me! Little girls need long hair." You want her to have long hair? You take care of it. Same goes for supper. If you don't make it, you can't complain about it :-) Anyway, I'm glad you like it, I do too! Will check out the other blogs for photos...have a great week!~

Adams Clan said...

Nope, not the same Amy Howard. My Amy grew up in Shreveport, LA and Charlotte, NC. Sorry. I agree about the hair too. I knew how he felt about the cut before I cut it. I will probably do it again too. Maybe just not as drastic. But then again, maybe I will!!!Thankfully he doesn't usually complain about dinner!!