Friday, February 8, 2008

Quarantine -- Again!!


The flag above is the Quarantine flag that ships are supposed to fly if they have a sickness on board. We once again have been hit. I think Daniel started it, but we can't be sure since he never really got sick. He just has a cough. Sarah, on the other hand, has green snot oozing out her nose, a cough and a fever. According to the doc it is a good old Cold, for now. Doug has also been hit. He went down yesterday after feeling fine all day. He came home around 6pm, ate next to nothing for dinner and then crashed. He had a fever of nearly 102 which is really high for him since is normal is 97 something. Today he was still feeling bad, but was starting to feel better so he went up to church to take down some chairs and pick up the kids from school. He threw up in our parking lot. He got the shakes while waiting in line at WCA and barely made it home. The teachers must have thought he was nuts. The kids were freaking out a little too. He was shaking so bad I almost called an ambulance. It stopped though and he threw up some more and felt better. We have no idea what he has. The shaking was from the MH, a reaction to the stress on his body. So now we are in the wait and see mode. Wait and see who is next. We really have to be better before next weekend cause we are supposed to go to Grandma Wyckhuys' for Peyton's birthday party. Sarah will be absolutely devestated if we can't go. It is all she is talking about these days. Those two are going to be a pair as they get older.
Not much else is new here. We are just trying to stay ahead of everthing and keep the healthy kids healthy. I am waiting for the boys to fall asleep so I can go and read. I have rediscovered an author I really like. I had read a few of her novels before and then life got in the way and I never read the rest of her stuff. Well, the last time we were all sick I picked up one of her newer novels at Walmart and since then I have gone to the library and borrowed most of the rest. I only have a few more to go. Some of the books have related characters and I have finished most of those and then she has some stand alone novels that I will work on next. Her name is Julie Garwood. I started with "For the Roses". They made a TV movie from this one called "Rose Hill". It stared Jennifer Garner. Anyway, she wrote four more books about those characters and I had read all of them a long time ago. Now I am reading the ones about the Buchanan family both in the present time and in the Highlands of Scotland around the time of Richard the Lionheart. They are great quick reads with a simple plot and endearing characters. She is very funny and I will often laugh out loud while I am reading. OK enough rambling. The boys are asleep and I am going to sign off for now. See ya!!! (and yes Renee I am having trouble with the spell check too. )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurry up and get well.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. We want you to come to our party

Carrie said...

Hey, Robin. I can't believe how the sickness goes around in your house! You need some warm weather to open the windows and let the place air out!....talk about cancelling school, we had today cancelled because it is too cold. The people who live in places like Iowa, Minnesota, etc., must think we are the biggest babies...they bundle their kids up and send them!

Carrie

Carol said...

Praying you all are better soon! It has been a long rough winter...if this continues Scott better watch the Az horizon...he might have more visitors than he ever imagined!!

Love to all!
Aunt Carol