Monday, February 18, 2008

The Road to Recovery

I think that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. We actually went to church yesterday, which is saying something because it has been nearly two weeks since we have done that. We only missed one actual Sunday, but we have bible studies and play dates held there during the week that we have missed two weeks running. It felt good to be back.

Daniel is finally doing better. I wouldn't put him at 100%, but at least he isn't contagious anymore. The first round of antibiotic, Azythramyacin, didn't do the trick so after 4 days on that we switched to Omnicef. We saw a major improvement in less than 24 hours. Our peditrician said he has been seeing a lot of cases this year that are not responding to the Azythramyacin. Scary thought.

Sarah is doing better too. She is also taking Omnicef and ear drops, but she is great about both so I can't complain. Now if she would only go to sleep instead of playing in her bed for an hour!!!

The top three started back into Honk rehearsals again on Sunday. I am once again asking myself, "What Was I Thinking!!!" The rehearsals are from 2-5 on Sunday and 6:30- 8:30 Monday and Wednesday. The kids are froglets and are only supposed to be in three or so scenes but they seem to be needed at every practice. It isn't too bad now since they have no real after school activites, save Scouts and violin. The end of April will be insane. Rehearsals everynight for a week then two weekends of shows. The show will run May 2 & 3 at 8pm and May 4 at 3pm and again the following weekend May 9 & 10 and 11 at the same times. If you would like to come see the kids "Warts and All" just let me know. Tickets are inexpensive but they sell out fast.


These past few weeks have been so weird weather wise that the deer are getting confused. Three days in a row we found them out side the big window in our "dining" room. Doug took pictures which I will post later cause I just don't want to right now. The second morning Sarah saw them and we watched for 20 minuted before they ran away. The third morning they watched until Tiger saw them and scared them away. According to Grace there were thousands of them running across the field. A whole pack according to Jacob. The are sooo cute, according to Sarah.



Sarah is talking and singing up a storm these days. She often breaks into song with a pretend microphone in her hand. Her faves are "Bop to the Top", "Fabulous" and "Everyday" from High School Musical. She and Daniel do a "New York, New York" routine that is adorable. She also has some phrases that are just hers. My favorite is "Thats ahgusting" and "This is deeewichious" I love two, most of the time.

This week my goal is to get my laundry room looking like my friend Pam's, at least for now. It kinda piled up on us when everyone was sick. I also want to start to attack Sarah's old room which is now a catch all. I can hardly walk in there. We shall see just how much I accomplish. It is kinda hard now since the kids have today and tomorrow off of school, but hopfully by the weekend I might be done.

The boys are home. Gotta go! Blessings All! Anyone know why I can't spell check this thing???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What web browser do you use?

Anonymous said...

I think it's a blogger problem, because Renee' and I noticed it stopped working!

Dakotapam said...

Hey Robyn, glad you guys are on the mend. How is that laundry room coming? I find that somehow if my laundry room is clean, the rest of the house is too...weird huh? I'm weird, that's all! Have fun with rehearsals. That is kind of our life right now with Andrew and Annie Jr.

Anonymous said...

Cal" I have internet explorer provided by Dell with yahoo as my base of operations.

Pam, my laundry is going to take a while and I find the same thing that if my laundry room is clean so is the rest of my house. I am glad that Andrew is having fun with Annie jr. I can only hope my kids come out of Honk with a positive experience.

Anonymous said...

Laura is correct about spell check. From the Known Issues for Blogger: The "Check Spelling" button in the Blogger post editor is currently non-functional. — latest update on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

(There was some indication that was a Safari browser issues only, but that is not true.)

Anonymous said...

This site might help.