Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tired

I am tired. I am tired of the cold. I am tired of the sickness. I am tired of winter. I am tired of a dirty house. I am tired of Hallmark Holidays! I am tired of being tired!!!

I took Sarah to the doc today. She has a double ear infection. They sent me home with scripts for Tylenol with codine, drops for her ears and an antibiotic. I took Daniel to the doc on Monday. He has pneumonia. ( sorry if that is spelled wrong, my spell check still isn't wanting to work and I am too lazy to look it up!) They sent me home with an antibiotic and cough syrup with codine. Nathan stayed home from school today, since he was hacking up a lung most of the day yesterday. Doug & I are still under the weather too.

We had McDonalds for the second time this week because no one, including me, feels like eating all that much or doing all that much. Besides it is fast and easy and I was there since the pharmacy is right next door.

The kids had to do their Valentines tonight since we only just got the paper yesterday. They have to make them. We can't just buy the ones with the characters on them and call it good. So we stamped Button Bear on 20 cards each then hole punched them and threaded suckers on them so it looks like the bear is holding a sucker balloon. Simple, cute and Done!!

Jacob brought home Nate's homework which he felt compelled to complete tonight. He didn't, but he wanted to. He did do some though. He was getting to fustrated too quickly. Tempers are flairing and patience is in short supply now a days.

It is 9:09pm and NO ONE is sleeping. Sarah was moved to a big girl bed since the temp in her old room was bearly reaching 65 during the day. So now she sleeps in a twin bed in with Grace. She is still getting used to it and wants to talk to Grace or herself instead of going to sleep. I suppose I can be thankful she isn't getting out of the bed, yet. I think the meds are making them hyper cause Daniel is still wide awake too. At least the big kids know to lay still and quiet, most of the time anyway. They know I am at the end of my rope today so they are being quite good. Now if I could only get Sarah and Daniel to cooperate.

Doug just got home from church. We had midweek service tonight. They did Ash Wednesday since that service got canceled last week due to WEATHER!! I think we have missed at least 6 days of school this month alone due to weather. One day we missed because it was too WET and the buses couldn't drive on the rutted and nearly frozen streets. Then we missed one because it was too cold and a few because of all the snow. It will be July before school gets out at this rate. Most schools have used all their built in days so now they will either tack on some at the end or cut short vacations during the school year. Happy Joy!!

Sorry to dump on ya' all but isn't that what a blog is for sometimes? I hope that you are all doing well. Have a great Valentines Day tomorrow. Hugs and Kisses from the Adams Clan!!!

4 comments:

Dakotapam said...

Sorry that you all have the sickies again!

And no, in North Dakota they neither plow the roads, nor cancel school. It was -13 this morning at 8 a.m. School as usual!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Keep your germs at your house please.. we are just now getting better an dPeyton still on her Antibiotics! I hate winter tooo!

Sarah said...

Wow. My life seems like a cake walk compared to yours right now. I hope this week things are looking up for you and the quarentine flag will be lifted soon. Take care of each other~