Tuesday, February 17, 2009

KID OF THE WEEK


GRACE KATHRYN
Grace was born on June 30, 1999 at 7pm. She is in 4th grade at Britton - Macon Elementary School. She was our first, so she is also our first Kid of the Week. I thought it might be fun to feature a different one of my kids each week. You can meet each kid individually and I gave each one a questionnaire to fill out so they could have some input to their feature.
Grace is adjusting just fine here in Britton. She struggled at first and missed a lot of her friends from Hillsdale, especially Anne, Lauren and Alana. She was playing the violin, but we haven't found her a teacher here yet so that is on hold. She has asked several times for piano lessons. All that requires is a piano ~ which is coming, I just have to go get it :-)






Grace's favorite color is HOT PINK! Hence the Hannah Montana motif in her room. Her favorite animals are dogs and horses. She likes to think she knows as much about dogs as the Dog Whisperer ~ maybe someday. She has never ridden on a horse, but really really wants to someday!! She has made some very good friends here in Britton especially Emma and Beka!!



When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up she said "A teacher like my mom!" I did not put her up to that one either ;-) Her favorite song is any song by Sugarland and they are her favorite singers too, next to Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift. Her favorite thing to do when she isn't helping me around the house, doing homework or singing is to read. She gets that from me ;-)



So now you know a little bit more about Grace, our KID OF THE WEEK! Enjoy the pics.

5 comments:

Dakotapam said...

What a nice idea! I like Grace. Andrew's piano went on hold with our move, i need to buck up and get him a teacher, since he won't practice just to make me smile!

Anonymous said...

Nice job with Grace's bio. If you want you can add the Flickr link with more photos. Maybe we can get that piano delivered at the same time we deliver the 3-1 game table.

Kristin said...

That's a great idea! I enjoyed reading about Grace. I love the picture of her as a ballerina. Little girls in their leotards and tights are just TOO cute.

Carrie said...

Hi, grace. You don't know me, but I remember you as just a little girl! We went to the seminary and college with your mom and dad . They were one of the first of our friends to have kids, and I remember seeing you around. You are such a blessing to your afmily. You have great parents!

Emily Cook said...

Grace you are a beautiful little lady!

We miss you guys!
Love, the Cooks