Thursday, February 26, 2009

KID OF THE WEEK # 2

Nathan Michael
September 2, 2000

Nathan is the first born of a set of twins. He is 15 minutes older than his identical twin Jacob, who will be featured next week. Nathan weighed 6 pounds and 2 ounces at birth. He was about 4 weeks early. He was born in St. Louis, MO. He is now 8 1/2 and is in third grade at Britton-Macon Elementary.

His favorite color is Green. I like to think this is because he wore green as a baby, a lot! I dressed him in green and Jacob in blue to tell them apart. I still tend to buy these colors for them but now Nathan also likes to wear red. So if you see a twin in green or red you know you are most likely right if you guess it's Nathan.

Nicknames aren't widely used around here, but if you ask him Nathan's nickname is Nate. It will probably stick sooner or later, but I still almost always call him Nathan.


Nathan and his brothers are all boy. Here are a few example: Nathan's favorite movie is Star Wars ~ all of them, all 6 of them and the cartoon ones too!! His favorite books are "The Magic Tree House" series. He has read a lot of them and continues to enjoy them. His favorite food is Pizza and his favorite place to eat out is Bob Evans. He can eat a whole Belgian waffle or a plate full of pancakes plus eggs and bacon. He loves breakfast food. His favorite sport is baseball or playing Wii or playing baseball on the Wii. It all depends on the weather outside ;-) He is very good at all sports. He catches on quickly and is good at what he does. We are hoping to get him into a rec league or something this summer.

As to my other interview questions, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. After just a few seconds thought he said a Pastor. That was not the answer I was expecting but it made me proud. Of course it will probably change 100 times over the next 18 years, only time will tell.

I also asked who his best friend was and he immediately said Everett from Hillsdale. I kinda expected him to say Jacob, but I think that is a given. They have always been best friends and they are just now starting to let others into their inner circle of twinship. I am excited to see Nathan grow into a fine young man.

So now you have met Kid of the Week number two. Keep checking back for new pictures. I had to out source some again. And I had to be sure the ones I picked were actually Nathan ;-)

3 comments:

Dakotapam said...

I always was able to recognise Nathan as the twin with a notched ear! I enjoyed helping hold both boys when they were babies!

Kristin said...

I am really enjoying getting to meet your kids - so thank you for doing this.

Anonymous said...

So....I'm wondering what happens when you get busy and don't have time to get one of your kids on the blog right on time. Will they ever forgive you?

Fantastic job