Saturday, June 14, 2008

Remembering...

We have a busy week coming up. It is Vacation Bible School. Please say a quick prayer that we get lots of last minute volunteers, because we may end up with more kids than our help can handle!!!! I will try to post daily or more realistically, every other day, to keep you up to date on the fun of our Friendship Trek!!!

The reason for my post today is politics. I am not a fan of politics. I hate debate, mostly because I am not any good at it, but also because I am not big on confrontation. I can count at least 100 things I like better than politics. However, on the rare occasions I needed to listen to a political debate or commentary, in order to make a decision about which candidate to vote for in an upcoming election, I usually found myself listening to Tim Russert. I liked him, maybe because he was easy to understand, maybe because he had a strong faith and it showed, or maybe because he was just a likable guy. Anyway you look at it though, he will be missed. My heart goes out to his family as they mourn this weekend, but I pray too that we rejoice together in the fact that Tim is now at eternal peace with his Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.