Monday, June 8, 2009

OPERATION: This will most likely end badly ~ is a GO!!!

OK, maybe that is a little glass half empty, but if you were leaving for a two day car ride with 5 kids under the age of ten would your glass be half full????

Now, don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this trip. My baby sister is finally getting married. We are going to a great vacation spot and we do need a vacation. St. Augustine is our final destination, but to get there we are going to drive.

I have everything but the kitchen sink ready to go. We have DVD players, MP3 players, books, coloring books, word search books, magnetic games, candy, toys and even books on CD. We should be good to go. Hopefully all that will last at least the first day!!

I don't have pictures yet, but when we come back I am sure to have loads. I will post when I can. Look for me on Facebook, we will have Internet while at the condo.

Yes, I said condo. Thanks to Mom and Dad we were able to rent a condo on the beach right next to where the wedding will take place. So we have access to all the amenities the condos afford. Which may come in handy since Doug says there is a chance of rain just about every day, but then again we are in Florida, doesn't it rain every day there??

We have plans for the beach and a little sight seeing too. There are lots of old Spanish missions and forts to look at. Even the legendary Fountain of Youth. It will be a fun trip. Now if only we didn't have to drive...

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

That is half the reason I opted out of Matt's florida trip...it began as a road trip...and I really, really, really hate road trips. There are a lot of other reasons too, if someone were getting married I would go! Have fun! You'll be making memories!