Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Cried

but not out of happiness. I am truly sad to see George W. Bush leave Washington today. He may not have done everything right, he may have made some poor decisions, his approval rating may have been very low, but he was a good man doing the best he knew how with what he was given.

September 11, 2001 shaped and framed his presidency. Had that day not happened we would be in a very different place today. I think that America tends to forget what happened or didn't happen in the days, months and years following that fateful day.

I don't pretend to be a politically savvy person. I don't know the rhetoric, I refuse to debate about it. I just know I don't feel right about the man sworn in as president today. He is a great speaker and he seems to have everything together, but still I worry.

Where will he take our country? What will we look like in a year? in four years? In an effort to make everyone equal will he take away rights we hold so dear? In an effort to be so different from the Bush presidency, will he make decisions he shouldn't? He mentioned God several times in his speech and referred to our founding fathers, yet I worry about the fate of Christianity under his leadership.

I question, I worry and above all I pray. I pray the Lord will work through the new President. To use a sinful, imperfect man to further His kingdom here on earth. I know there is a greater plan and I pray. I hope you are doing the same.

4 comments:

Dakotapam said...

I feel the same Robyn...I'm praying. I really hope things turn out better than expected. I think Pres. Bush was a classy man, and he kept us safe for 7 years after 9/11...which seemed impossible at the time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I was worried I was the only one who felt this way. It is good to know others at least know where I am coming from.

Anonymous said...

Well said Robyn. It seems, at least to me, like most of the nation is so "in love" with him right now, that they can't see who he really is. He sweet talked alot of people into thinking he is the right man for the job. So many things he stands for, I just shake my head and wonder, how can all these people think this is a good thing? I fealt sad when I seen President and Mrs. Bush get on that plane yesterday. He did his best. I'm praying for God to watch over this nation, and I know he is, I just don't understand it right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I was not the only one who was upset yesterday!