Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Shut the Damn Door!"


Of all the things I worried about my kids picking up from watching Harry Potter movies, this was not one of them. I worried they might think magic was real. That there really was a Hogwarts or any number of other things. I did not, however, forsee the three year old picking up this obscure quote in the middle of the third movie. Maybe she picked it up because when I slip this is one word I use, more often than I care to admit. And add that to the number of times I am telling kids to shut doors around here, maybe that is why it stuck. Whatever the reason Sarah now says that phrase whenever she wants someone to shut the door. Cute? Not really, but as bad as it is, technically, it is funny. Can't you just here her screaming at an Elder at church to "Shut the Damn door?" I pray that never happens, but I would probably laugh before I punished her. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe some Sunday in the future I'll whisper into Sarah's ear while at church, "Sarah, tell the usher to shut the door." :)

Dakotapam said...

LOL Robyn! I'll never forget when Owen yelled an obscenity at a very appropriate moment during a game of Candyland. Matt looked at me since he knew exactly where Owen had heard this phrase...me!

Kristin said...

That is too cute. So far all my 3 year old says is, "Dang-it" and the occasional, "You're stressing me out." Why can't they pick up the nice, kind, and loving things we say?! :-)

Sarah said...

Oh my. The worst I've heard from mine is the time she told me to "shut up" in front of the elders, the trustees and the organist. Glad to hear life is every so normal in your household! Thinking of you~