Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Preparing for a trip

Why is it that I clean my house before I leave it for a week and I can't seem to want to clean while I am actually here?? I have been getting ready for our trip to North Carolina for what seems like weeks now. I am just finishing the last of the laundry and am ready to pack the suit cases. The kids have all their stuff in backpacks and are pretty much ready to go. I have my dozen or so lists on the table, patiently waiting to be crossed off. I have yet to cross off much of anything by the way. I am typing this instead of doing any number of things on "The List."

Also, in typical fashion, I have a sick kid. Nate, who is headed to Grandma Adams' instead of North Carolina, all the boys are so don't feel bad for him, has been running a temp today. He has an upset tummy, no throwing up yet, and has bowel problems. Grandma, bless her heart, is still willing to take him so that Doug can do a funeral, have a beach day with the youth, play warhammer and preside over an anniversary vow renewal and dinner without worrying about a sitter. The girls and I are headed to NC for my cousin Amy's wedding. Grace is all set to ride in the back as we drive the whole way in one trip. She has a bag packed for her and one for Sarah. She has the whole trip planned out in her head. She even has lists. Umm, who does that sound like??

I have put the kids to bed early in hopes of being able to get a few more things done before Doug comes home and in order to help everyone ward off whatever bug it is that Nate has. No one is asleep yet, but the boys are at least in bed and quiet, Sarah is not. She keeps popping up trying not to fall asleep. Figures!!!!

Sarah was very cute saying her prayers tonight. She has learned The Lord's Prayer only she says it with a few minor changes. "Our father who up in heaven, hallowed be my name. My kingdom come my will be done on earth as it is in heaven." The rest is alright. She can even say trespasses and deliver pretty well. She loves to say it by herself without help.

Well, I think I am going to go clean the bathroom while I wait for everyone to fall asleep. Look for pictures when I get back on the 15th!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four words I don't want to hear in the next couple of days - "Are we there yet?"

Dakotapam said...

Are we there yet? Good luck! We did our major road trip for the summer...it is worth it in the end...but geesh!

Sarah said...

So refreshing to know I'm not the only list crazy woman of this world. And I only with 2 children. Hope NC was great and you were able to enjoy some sandy beaches!